Administrative AssistantPosted On: 10 June 2020 Prairie Mountain Health Benue
Under the general supervision of and responsible to the applicable Director/Regional Manager/ Manager, the Administrative Assistant is committed to the vision, mission, values, and strategic priorities of Prairie Mountain Health functioning within their position. The Administrative Assistant is an essential team member meeting the administrative, organizational, and clerical needs of the facility/program—the Administrative Assistant functions in a confidential capacity in matters relating to labor relations.
Manages Director/Regional Manager/Manager schedule; makes travel arrangements; monitors e-mails redirecting or responding as appropriate.
Attends meetings, documents minutes of meetings, and follows-up, as required.
Maintains employee personnel files, if applicable, acts as a contact for employee questions; prepares letters of offer; completes appropriate documentation for benefit plans/LOA’s; ensures proper authorization for absences or schedule adjustments and records electronically or forwards documentation to scheduling.
Develops and maintains a central filing system for VP/CEO, including managing records retention according to regional policies.
Responds directly, re-directs, or brings to the attention of others, telephone and personal inquiries/complaints from programs and departments, community groups, agencies, and citizens.
Responds tactfully, screens, and refers appropriately.
Types and composes various materials such as letters, memos, policies, reports, forms, charts, agendas, presentations, correspondence, and other varied documents (confidential or public) as required.
Develops, amends compiles, and inputs into databases, shared files, SharePoint, etc. as required.
Maintains up-to-date records of relevant committees, team members, and schedules of related committee meetings.
Maintains confidential files and records, including relevant departmental/program information and personnel files in electronic and hard copy files.
Responds as directed to correspondence using accepted formats and within established timelines.
Copies and circulates written/electronic materials appropriately as required.
Develops and maintains the procedure manual for the position.
Makes necessary meeting arrangements, including notification of staff, collecting agenda items, circulating agendas, and booking meeting rooms.
Ensures Director/Regional Manager/Manager has the necessary documents for review before the meeting date.
Prepares summary data/statements and reports, as required.
Assists in budget and variance processes as required.
Confirms accuracy/appropriate authorization of departmental invoices and forward them to accounts payable for processing.
Participates as a member of the health care team.
Adheres to established policies and procedures.
Completes special projects as may be assigned by the respective Director/Regional Manager.
Completes other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education (MB Standards)
- Graduate and/or certification from a recognized Business Administration Program
- One (1) year equivalent full-time experience
- Other combinations of knowledge and experience may be considered
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
- Accurate keyboarding skills, with a minimum 40 wpm
- Familiarity and expertise in current office technology and equipment
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining effective interpersonal working relationships required
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in coordination, organization and minute taking for meetings
- Demonstrated sound organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated professional and personal commitment to professional development, lifelong learning, and continuing education
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Maintains professional manner at all times
- Ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to recognize and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position regularly.
SkillsCommunication People Management Confidence Leadership skills Time Management Team Management
Application Currently Closed
Sign up for job alerts
We can send you daily job alerts, fill the form below to get started