Business Development OfficerPosted On: 17 June 2020 IITA FCT
Identifying individual and company training needs through staff appraisals and meetings with managers, teamwork to design, deliver and assess training programmes, producing training materials, including e-learning where suitable. You’ll handle the learning and professional development of an organisation's workforce. It's your job to equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out their work activities effectively.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a secure food future.
• Lead the development of training content and tools for agribusiness management
and coordinate their delivery through the state coordinators and training officers
in three states in Nigeria.
• Conduct geographical agribusiness value chain analysis for the project’s target
value chains and work with the state coordinators to identify business
opportunities for entrepreneurial-track youth to develop business models.
• Lead the efforts of the state coordinators in guiding entrepreneurial-track youth to
develop and implement fund-worthy business plans
• Lead all efforts directed towards attracting funding for young agripreneurs, work
with credit institutions to design youth-sensitive financing instruments for
business start-up and expansion.
• Coordinate the day to day management of pilot learning enterprises through the
state coordinators in three states in Nigeria, ensuring the effectiveness of the
learning experience they are to provide.
• Coordinate the efforts of identified project partners in providing mentorship,
business support and advisory service to young entrepreneurs. Ensure compliance
of partners with all deliverables.
• Assist in the development of bankable business plan and recommendations for funding
• Develop and nurture a network business partnership with private sector companies
and associations that entrepreneurial-track youth can leverage on to grow and
improve their businesses. Maintain an updated database of these partners
• Provide monitoring of the established companies and identify challenges to be
addressed/provide the required advice.
• Provide technical support to the trainees and assist them while they are starting
their business and ensure smooth business take off.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
BSc/HND in Economics, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship or related discipline
with a minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience performing the relevant role.
The ideal candidate must:
• Show ability and substantial experience in the development of viable business plans
• Be computer literate with excellent working knowledge of computer-based control
systems, shared network drives, and excel packages
• Have practical experience in agribusiness, business management especially working
• Have a good understanding of marketing linkages and strategies in agribusiness
• Have excellent communication and supervisory skills.
• Show the ability for efficient and harmonious team leadership
• Be able to mentor budding entrepreneurs to build relevant entrepreneurial skills.
• Be able to link youths to private sector and finance partners for financial and
enterprise development support.
• Have a good understanding of the Nigerian financial system for entrepreneurs
• Have experience working with private sector agribusiness partners.
CONTRACT: 2-year renewable contract
REMUNERATION: We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
SkillsCommunication Planning and organisation skills Problem-solving ability Business Development data; data center; MS Excel; MS Project; WiFi Strategy Decision-Making Interpersonal Skills Budgeting Business Relationship Management Business Planning
Application Currently Closed
Sign up for job alerts
We can send you daily job alerts, fill the form below to get started