HR AdvisorPosted On: 10 June 2020 Cree School Board Benue
Reporting to the Human Resources Coordinator for Staffing, the HR Advisor, Teacher Recruitment is responsible for the application of Human Resources policies and
programs in support of the Cree School Board (CSB) mission, vision, and values.
More specifically, the HR Advisor, Teacher Recruitment will contribute to developing, support and execute strategies, as well as perform operations and deliver solutions in the areas of attraction, selection, and onboarding of Teachers. The Human Resources Advisor, Teacher Recruitment will develop and maintain relationships with internal
stakeholders (including hiring managers, Human Resources team, etc.) to better understand current and future recruitment needs, job vacancy position requirements, and optimum sourcing channels for the organization.
- Contribute to the development of the departmental strategic initiatives and action plans regarding the attraction, selection, and onboarding of teachers; support and execute these initiatives and action plans.
- Participate in the development and implementation of up-to-date efficient and active systems, databases/files and administrative standards that respond to the recruitment needs of the school board.
- Contribute to the development and Implementation of recruitment and onboarding processes, procedures, and policies. Support compliance with client groups.
- Participate in the development and Implementation of relevant HR programs. Monitor customer satisfaction and liaise with program owner for adjustments.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relations with candidates, hiring managers, other stakeholders across the CSB and external stakeholders. Role-specific responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day support and advice to internal clients regarding attraction, selection and onboarding of Teachers.
- Support internal stakeholders with the Identification and analysis of staffing needs.
- Collaborate in workforce planning.
- Provide guidance and coaching to hiring managers and other employees in the recruitment process, especially for Teachers.
- Support internal stakeholders with attraction, recruitment, selection, and onboarding activities by developing and implementing relevant and efficient processes, procedures and tools (job postings and job descriptions, conducting interviews, the hiring process, etc.). Monitor and adjust as required. Educate, consult and transfer knowledge of Staffing practices to internal stakeholders, including hiring managers and Staffing support staff.
- Benchmark and introduce Leading Practices. And innovative ideas to the CSB.
- Develop and maintain strong relations withall stakeholders as it relates to the recruitment process.
- Participate in the development and regular review of the branding activities (including Employee Value Proposition) of the CSB, develop and manage associated materials and communications.
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships with external recruitment partners (including universities) as well as with potential candidates.
- Plan for and participate in job fairs, organize recruitment and onboarding events specific to the Cree School Board.
- Plan for and participate in Teacher Orientation and onboarding events, workshops and informational sessions.
- Participate in coaching, developing and Supervising the Staffing support staff.
- Pursue own professional development to enhance personal and organizational capacity, as well as meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Represent department and organization, as Required.
- Any other duties, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Education and Certification: Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study certifying a minimum three-year university program or hold a senior executive or senior staff position, excluding a manager position, in a the school board for which an undergraduate degree is required under the minimum qualifications.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience (Teaching experience Will be considered as relevant experience).
- Language: Fluency in English and French.
KEY COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Strong technical knowledge in the relevant areas of Human Resources, specifically Staffing.
- Solid leadership skills with strong presentation, Oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to Build Trust.
- Solid planning and organization skills.
Permanent, Full-Time Position
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Annual Salary: Minimum: $ 78,660.00
Maximum: $ 104,878.00
Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
SkillsCommunication People Management Confidence Leadership skills
Application Currently Closed
Sign up for job alerts
We can send you daily job alerts, fill the form below to get started