Human Resources/Admin OfficerPosted On: 22 June 2020 Norwegian Refugee Council Adamawa
NRC is looking for a Human Resource Officer for our area office in Yola, Adamawa, in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the HR officer is to provide Human Resources support to the various human resource functions in the NRC Field office in Adamawa State.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 to respond to the country's critical and increasing needs. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Human Resources Officer reports to the Area Manager - Yola, Adamawa State
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing, and selecting candidates.
- Support with the Induction and on-boarding of NRC staff
- Implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures, and absence management.
- Implementing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Prepare periodic HR reports.
- Provide advice on the incorporation of local labor laws with NRC's HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers, Pension Office, Medical insurance company, etc
- Maintain up to date record of NRC staff statutory deductions & remissions which include Pensions, NSITF e.t.c
- Maintain and keep records of all NRC staff timesheet
- Payslip preparation for NRC staff
- Leave administration
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good university degree from a reputable university preferably Human Resources Management
- A professional degree would be an added advantage
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling an insecure environment
- A good sense of humor is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable.
WE CAN OFFER
- Commencement: ASAP/September 2019
- Duration: 7 months (One-year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC's general directions. Grade level 5, Step 1
- Duty station: Yola, with frequent travels. Travel outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
SkillsCommunication Accountability Innovative
Application Currently Closed
Sign up for job alerts
We can send you daily job alerts, fill the form below to get started