Monitoring and Evaluation OfficerPosted On: 17 June 2020 IITA Oyo
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. Develop baseline data for each project component and all project indicators
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a secure food future.
• Monitor progress of project activities identify successes and constraints of
implementation and prepare progress reports.
• Conduct field monitoring and validation.
• Develop a monitoring and evaluation system operational framework/plan in
consultation with the Project Director and Head of M&E.
• Update project result framework and log frame in meeting with the Project
Director and Head of M&E.
• Design and manage monitoring and evaluation systems for YAW project, including
monitoring the plans and managing the implementation.
• Design, develop and revise electronic data collection and monitoring and evaluation
processes, tools and methods.
• Manage databases and use SPSS / STATA for analysis of information to assess
The progress of the project.
• Facilitate the planning and preparation of annual work plans with a focus on targets.
• Facilitate the submission of updated annual and quarterly goal of the projects.
• Coordinate the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly progress reports.
• Support the Project Director and Head of M&E Unit in preparing different types of
reports and documents as required.
• Carryout out facilitating mid-term and end of term project review
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Master’s degree in Program Evaluation, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences,
Statistics, Development Studies or related field with five (5) years’ experience or BSc/HND
in Program Evaluation, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Development
Studies or agriculture-related field is performing a similar role.
The ideal candidate must:
• Be a proficient user of computer software packages related to database management
and data analysis.
• Have the ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other
• Have substantial experience working with the theory of change, logical framework design,
performance indicator selection and results-based planning approaches.
• Have strong experience developing web-based M&E systems.
• Have experience working with scientists and conducting household surveys and
impact evaluation studies
• Have strong experience using ONA/ODK for data collection.
• Have experience with quantitative/qualitative analytical techniques.
• Have strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have strong coordination, organizational and strong analytical skills.
• Have strong experience in writing reports and intercultural communication skills.
• The ideal candidate is a proficient user of computer software packages related to
database management and data analysis.
• Ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages
CONTRACT: 2-year renewable contract
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
SkillsCommunication data; data center; MS Excel; MS Project; WiFi Technical Skills Decision-Making Web Development Data Analysis
Application Currently Closed
Sign up for job alerts
We can send you daily job alerts, fill the form below to get started