STEP Training OfficerPosted On: 17 June 2020 IITA FCT
Identifying individual and company training needs through staff appraisals and meetings with managers, teamwork to design, deliver and assess training programmes, producing training materials, including e-learning where suitable. You’ll handle the learning and professional development of an organisation's workforce. It's your job to equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out their work activities effectively.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a secure food future.
• Develop Selection Criteria for Schools, Students and Volunteers and participate in
the selection process
• Research, develop, Update (Revise) Curriculums and other training materials for the
three approaches, which includes the establishment of club, coursework and pilot
• Plan and Organize training facilitation in collaboration with the state Administrators
which provides for logistics, training of trainers, school teachers, volunteers and all
processes that involve the smooth running of training programs
• Monitor all training programs to ensure all training programs offer full delivery of the
program’s goal and objectives. Assist the M and E officer in carrying out routine
Monitoring and Evaluation procedures especially on training feedbacks
• Document training activities through the timely submission of training reports,
training databases updates etc.
• Follow-up and mentorship security for students with Start-up enterprises
• Secure and sustain partnerships with donors, government agencies, schools, CSR
teams and other partners aligning with STEP, etc
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
BSc/HND in Agriculture, Agribusiness or related discipline with a minimum of three (3)
years’ relevant experience in performing an important role.
The ideal candidate must:
• Be computer literate with excellent working knowledge of computer-based control
systems shared network drives and maintaining a database of trainers and training
• Have excellent communication and supervisory skills
• Have demonstrated the ability to provide ongoing mentorship in entrepreneurship to
young students and provide support to entrepreneurship program in the different
agricultural value chains for the project
• Have experience in organizing and coordinating training programs and activities
• Have experience in supporting training in vocational agriculture and liaising with
numerous secondary schools to demonstrate and promote Agribusiness
opportunities for youth
• Have experience in curriculum development including defining specific knowledge
and practical skill sets
• Have been previously involved in the training of trainers in Agriculture or related field
• Exhibit good network and partnership skills with local training sites and training
providers, as well as coordinate their efforts.
CONTRACT: 2-year renewable contract
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
SkillsCommunication People Management Confidence Leadership skills Planning and organisation skills Technical Skills planning Time Management Team Management Training Mentorship
Application Currently Closed
Sign up for job alerts
We can send you daily job alerts, fill the form below to get started